From here on...
What can i say, i am a serious LEGO Fan and can easily say that its an addiction.
I define myself as an enthusiast and borderline insane, but its alot of fun...
Little boys, big toys
I have a collection that comprises from my childhood during the early 80’s up to now and probably beyond.
Why is a question i couldnt answer but it sure gives countless hours of fun although my son can’t understand why we can’t open all the sets.
I also collect those rare and hard to find items like, promotional items as well as toy fair invitations and shop displays.
Take a peek and enjoy an awesome collection that is growing by the day!
Some pictures from Legoland...
The LEGO collection has just passed 480 sets and comprises more than 226835 pieces…
See list at bottom of page…
As well as 324 mini-figures mainly from Star Wars that are a separate collection
A total of about 1500 minifigures.
Facts & Figures From my Collection:
Total sets and minifigs.
Vintage, before 1965
Minifigs in sets and loose
Facts and figures about LEGO:
· There are about 62 LEGO bricks for every one of the world’s 6 billion inhabitants.
· Children around the world spend 5 billion hours a year playing with LEGO bricks.
· More than 400 million people around the world have played with LEGO bricks.
· LEGO bricks are available in 53 different colours.
· 19 billion LEGO elements are produced every year.
· 2.16 million LEGO elements are molded every hour, or 36,000 per minute.
· More than 400 billion LEGO bricks have been produced since 1949.
· Two eight-stud LEGO bricks of the same colour can be combined in 24 different ways.
· Three eight-stud LEGO bricks can be combined in 1,060 ways.
· There are more than 915 million combinations possible for six 2x4 Lego bricks of the same colour.
· 7 LEGO sets are sold by retailers every second around the world.
· The LEGO bricks sold in one year would circle the world 5 times.
· 40 billion LEGO bricks stacked on top of one another would connect the earth with the moon.
· 4 billion minifigures inhabit the world.
Milestones of LEGO:
1932-Ole Kirk Christiansen, master carpenter, establishes his business in Billund, Denmark. His firm manufactures stepladders, ironing boards, stools and wooden toys.
1934-The company adopts the name ”LEGO”, formed from the Dansih words ”leg godt” meaning ”play well”. Coincidentally, ”LEGO” also means ”I put together” in Latin.
1947-The company is the first in Denmark to buy a plastic injection-moulding machine for making toys.
1955-The company launches the revolutionary ”LEGO system of play” comprised of 28 sets and eight vehicle, essentially the beginning of the contemporary LEGO play experience that children around the world enjoy today.
1958-The current LEGO stud and tube coupling system is patented. The new system makes models much more stable and building combinations endless. This brick is still enjoyed by millions every day.
1961-The company invents the wheel.
1966-The first LEGO train arrives, as does the 4,5 volt motor.
1967-The LEGO DUPLO brick is invented, allowing younger children to become creative builders.
1973-The LEGO group establishes operations in the United States and begins selling LEGO products directly.
1974-The first LEGO figures, made completely from bricks are introduced.
1977-The LEGO TECHNIC product line for advance builders is introduced.
1978-The LEGO minifigure is born.
1979-The first LEGO theme, LEGOLAND Space is introduced and becomes an instant global success!
1984-The Castle series is introduced with knights, horses and many other elements.
1989-The LEGO pirate line is launched.
1998-LEGO comes to life with the launch of MINDSTORMS. LEGO robots can be programmed to perform loads of different operations with the included software.
1999-The company launches its first licensed product line, LEGO Star Wars, it quickly becomes the best selling product line ever and includes the iconic Darth Vader, C-3PO and R2-D2 minifigures.
2001-BIONICLE launches with huge success and is the first time the company markets its own story driven universe.
2006-The next generation of LEGO MINDSTORMS is introduced setting off a global fever for robotics.
2007-The LEGO Group celebrates the 75th anniversary of the companies founding and launches the first annual LEGO Creativity Awards.
2008-A year of milestones! The original LEGO brick turns 50! The minifigure celebrates 30 years of being a pop icon and LEGO MINDSTORMS turns 10! LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark celebrates its 40th Anniversary
2009-LEGO STARWARS Celebrates its 10th Anniversary
2010-LEGO Celebrates the 30th Anniversary of ”The Empire Strikes Back”as well as releasing sets from the Disney theme, exciting year.
Some of my creations, the house, garage and of course work train as well as cargo train...
More News and Updates even further down!
Don’t miss out!
More News and Updates further down!
Don’t miss out!